Saturday, September 11, 2010

What the Pink Button Boutique Means to Me

Share

image
Using travel time to work on my craft

The Pink Button Boutique is something that I've talked about and dreamed about for years, and now with the help of my incredibly supportive and "wicked smart" husband, it's finally come to fruition. I've always had that creative itch and have always felt the need to work on any type of fun, crafty project. I remember being in elementary school and making my own stationery by mixing different types of paper; as well as sitting on my bedroom floor decorating Keds (remember the Marcia Brady shoes?) with puffy paints and rhinestones. Things haven't changed that much since I'm still mixing media with my stationery as well as sitting on the kitchen floor as I make my clipboards.

MY STYLE:
If you ask any of my friends, they would tell you that I love things that are unique. How fun is it to walk into a small boutique and find something that makes your heart jump a beat, as well as makes you so excited you walked into the boutique in the first place? This is the feeling I want you to have when you look at my site and use or wear my products. I also hope this is the feeling that the person you gave one of my products to as a gift experiences. I pride myself on making products that you cannot get anywhere else.

DSC00744.JPG
Me outside a boutique in Santiago, Chile, after finding some cute broaches for my jacket

ABOUT THE PRODUCTS:
Everything that you see is handpicked and made by myself. Our second bedroom has been converted into my studio, where the "magic happens". The best part about my jewelry is that it gives me a reason to go to the Gem and Jewelry show about twice a year to personally hand pick the stones. I would say that ribbon, paper and stones are my drug of choice.

bog mercado artesenal judy con nueva amiga
With my new connection for gold charms in Bogota

MY DESIRE:
Simply...I love making things and having a creative outlet. I love sharing things. With the website, I'll be able to share my little joys with those that appreciate the same types of products that I do. I really hope you enjoy what you see. Please let me know what you love and share anything positive with me. I'd love to hear anything you want to say.

Thank you so much,
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment